(HealthDay News) -- A few simple lifestyle changes can go a long way toward protecting a man's health.
The Mayo Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Quit smoking, and take steps to prevent exposure to air pollution and workplace chemicals.
- Follow a healthy diet rich in fruit, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins, reducing sodium and saturated fat.
- Protect against heart disease and cancer by reaching and maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Get regular physical activity, whether you walk, run or play a sport.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Learn healthy ways to control stress.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.